Who we are:
Mark III Construction is growing and we want you to grow your career with us! Our benefits, competitive compensation, and dedication to training and growth are what keep our employees happy but our work hard and play hard environment is what keeps everyone excited about coming to work every day.
Mark III Construction, Inc. is a Sacramento based contractor founded in 1976 and specializes in electrical, plumbing, underground, and MEP design. We take pride in delivering quality commercial and industrial projects by staying true to our focus: ensure client satisfaction by completing projects quickly, competently, on time, and for the lowest cost possible. With our “The Power of One” approach, we fully integrate all the trades we perform, allowing for a seamless transition from prefabrication to completion.
Tenacious People Complex Projects Profitable Growth
What we offer:
Competitive Compensation, Personal Time Off, 401K, Fitness Classes, Internal and External Training, Medical, Dental and Vision
Mark III Construction is currently looking for an Underground Estimator for our Sacramento office.
• Develop thorough knowledge of the Company’s estimating system including computer programs, manuals and forms
• Possess skill set to perform estimating process support for plan/spec; design assist and design build delivery methods
• Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate including conceptual estimating to ensure quality control compliance of the estimated costs
• Develop and provide complete, accurate and timely detailed estimates, costs, associated general conditions, required overhead and profit.
• Perform quantity take-off for plan/spec, design/build projects for, but not limited to, public works as well as private industrial, retail and residential civil projects.
• Coordinate with vendors and subcontractors for quotes and specification compliance
• Proficient in structuring the estimate to support the unique project RFP language defining costs components
• Maintain all files of working bid documents, notes and assumptions of project estimates
• Define productivity requirements for the uniqueness of each project
• Develop budget estimates from project narratives and/or conceptual preliminary designs
• Extensive knowledge and experience in civil construction with a concentration in underground utility installation
• Specific knowledge and experience with Estimating Software systems is required. Specific experience with Timberline Software is a plus
• Above average skills in Microsoft Office products and computer trends/technology
• Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
• Have strong organizational and analytical skills
• Ability to effectively interact with customers, field personnel, sales and office staff
• Interface with clients, establish relationships, create confidence, and resolve any issues
• Possess strong verbal, written, analytical, persuasion and interpersonal skills
• Possess a sense of urgency in completing assignments
• Takes pride in one’s work and excepts a level of responsibility for his/her professionalism and accuracy
• Ability to consistently set goals and meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently or in a team atmosphere
• Ability to adapt to flexible responsibilities
• Resolve problems in a quick and constructive manner
• Possess qualities of an innovative thinker
• Project a positive image of the company and herself/himself to customers
• Valid license and clean driving record required